Monday, February 28, 2011

Chore Charts


I finally have excel on my computer. I can't express how happy this makes me. Spreadsheets just makes my world feel so much more pulled together.
Since my girls have been in school this year, I have noticed a major lack in what we get done at home. For the past few weeks, I have been trying out to-do lists with them and they have been loving them. Apparently they take after their mother and enjoyed being able to check things off as they go and have control over what they get done first. I have also been struggling to get them going in the mornings and felt as though I had to stand over them in order for them to get the smallest task accomplished. So I put it all together in a spreadsheet. I call them chore charts but they are really just lists of their basic tasks everyday. For each item they complete, they get to color in the box. Monday through Friday are listed on the chart. Weekends will be different so I just wanted something for the weekdays. Butterfly thought it was the best thing in the world and popped right up out of bed and got to work. Ladybug wasn't really motivated by the chart and still dragged on but I am thinking as the week goes on she will get into it.

This is Dragonfly's basic chart.

We decided tonight that each colored box will earn them a penny. All of their special privileges will have a price (playing at the park, going to see a movie, having special snack, having a friend over...we are going to come up with a full list tomorrow). Hopefully this will giving them a little more motivation to fill in their boxes. I have also already seen tasks that I need to add to the list so I believe the lists will be edited often.

No comments: