Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine's Activities

I am so excited for a new month and to pull out the heart related activities. Dragonfly and I had been in Target this past month and found some really fun Valentine items.

I found a heart shaped mixing bowl that will be our sensory bucket for this month. I have a few different things to put in it but for this week it is filled with little plastic hearts. I also found heart shaped measuring cups. Dragonfly had the best time filling the cups and putting a plastic heart in each heart shaped spot in the ice cube tray.


The other ice cube tray that we have, I filled with a numbered heart. Dragonfly counted out the correct number of red beads into each heart.

Another counting activity using form hearts.

Heart Matching. This was a little tricky for Dragonfly but I am sure she will catch on to the difference quickly.
Thank you to a fellow homeschooling mom who posted some great worksheets that we enjoyed today. Click HERE to print your own sheets.

V is for valentine. Dragonfly used a valentine stamp to fill in each dot.

Cutting between the Love stamp. Dragonfly loves to cut so she was really excited to have a cutting activity today.

She needed very little help today. I love to watch her develop this new skill.
We had a very successful first day of February. Can't wait to spend the whole month talking about love. Most importantly God's love for us!

2 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Great idea to number the hearts of the ice cube tray!! Kerri

Nicole said...

I love the Dollar Spot for activities! I missed these ones. I'll have to head over there for our Valentines Day week!

Great ideas. Love that you didn't overcomplicate anything!