Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cupcakes Start with C

I saw on another blog, a cupcake theme and thought that would be so much fun. Cupcakes have become so popular lately. I have enjoyed watching Cupcake Wars, when I am with my mom. They come up with such unique cupcakes for the show. I have been wanting to play around with cupcakes so I can get them just right before my daughters' birthdays this year. The challenge is to make fun and delicious cupcakes with no processed sugar and no food coloring. I tried a basic recipe tonight which allowed me to add different variations. These are the two I decided on for tonight.



The finished product!
Cupcake 1 is a blueberry cupcake with a blueberry, honey cream cheese frosting. Blueberries for garnish. The frosting is pretty purple from the blueberries so purple won't be a problem!
Cupcake 2 is a strawberry and banana cupcake with a cinnamon, banana cream cheese frosting. Sliced almonds for garnish.

While the cupcakes were baking. Dragonfly started on her work. Notice she is in cupcake pjs and I didn't picked them out. She was just in tune with what we were up to I guess! Dragonfly is putting together a Cat. It was suppose to go with the book If You Give A Cat A Cupcake but apparently that is one of the IF YOU books we don't have. Note to self: make sure you check much earlier to see if you have the book.

Her Cat and her Cupcake.

Having fun cutting.

Matching the Cupcakes...the memory way.

Cupcake patterns.

Decorating the "C"s with sprinkles.


Pinning the cupcakes.
School work didn't happen this morning. Today was one of those days that we ran around all day long. I am so glad Dragonfly took a really long nap so I was still able to get in her work after putting two of her sisters to bed. I love flexibility!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! My boys would love a cupcake theme!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Stopping over from Preschool Corner. Love that you used the cupcakes as a memory game. Kerri

Rebecca said...

Mmm, those cupcakes look yummy! And i like the c's with glitter.