Thursday, August 11, 2011

In the Kitchen

 This past week, we spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I love cooking and baking and really hope to pass this skill onto my girls. The girls rotate being the dinner helper each night and cooking with me one on one. I am hoping to get back into the habit of a weekly kitchen day. For now we have just been enjoying the time we have to bake a cake, try new recipes and learn some necessary kitchen skills.
 This was the last time my hand mixer worked. It died right in the middle of mixing.
 PF loves to try new recipes from her cookbook. She made donut muffins for breakfast.
 PF made a strawberry snack out of her cookbook for princesses.
 I had the girls practice slicing. They really enjoyed being able to cut up their own strawberries. Ladybug diced hers up and was very careful. I kept having to remind Butterfly to pay attention to her fingers.

Dragonfly just enjoyed eating the strawberries her sisters were cutting up.

No comments: