Friday, August 5, 2011

Cycles, Biomes and Zones

 PF volunteered today to make notes on the white board while I read. We first discussed what a biome is and the different types. Then we went on to discuss zones of the globe. After which we went into the oxygen cycle and the water cycle.
 PF illustration of the oxygen cycle.
 This past year PF learned about the water cycle and created this illustration from memory.
I believe that my children are very visual learns and on top of that they need things to be hands on. So anytime I can include visual and hands on experiences into every aspect of our school day, I know I will hold my girls attention and they will retain so much more. Lately, I have discovered that PF loves to illustrate as a way to take notes. I have been trying to work this style of learning in more.

3 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
Have a nice day!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Figuring out your children's learning styles is a great step toward a happy and productive year!

Ticia said...

That is a great visual. My kids are very much hands on learners, so I understand the need to come up with different ideas.