Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Field Trip: Baltimore Zoo


Our class.

Today we ventured with our friends to the Baltimore Zoo. It was suppose to be 55 degrees with a slight chance of rain. So I packed rain jackets for all of us. When we left our house it wasn't that bad. When we got to the zoo the wind kicked up. I borrowed a blanket from my friend for Dragonfly and PF borrowed a sweater. We made it though our hands were icicles when we left. Some of the animals were packed up in their warm homes so we weren't able to see them. For some of the animals it was to our advantage that they were inside because we got to visit their "home" and see them closer than we would have if they were outside. My favorite place was the chimpanzee house. I love watching the monkeys interact with one another. The most precious moment was watching the interaction between a mom and her two year old. The baby would nurse and the mom would rub her head and love on her. This zoo exhibits mainly African animals.


The beautiful path we walked from the entrance to the zoo exhibits.

Some fall colors.


Checking out the polar bear.



The older kids had a zoo scavenger hunt (provided online by the zoo). They had to find a list of animals and then determine their classification.




Gazelle


Chimpanzee


Lunch

Cheetah




Barn slide



Penguins.....some of the only animals that felt at home with the weather we had today. Damp and cold and windy. I should have learned by now not to trust the weather report which said it would be 55 today. My poor babies were cold. I am glad my friend had an extra blanket and sweater.





Looking at the giraffe








the lion eating butterfly's hand.


Leaving the zoo on the trolley.




A little bit of the chimps.












No comments: