Thursday, January 17, 2013

Back to A beka

With PF, I used A beka and I have been using A beka for Dragonfly but for last year or so I found that Math-U-See was working better for the other two. This year, however, I was finding that the girls were showing some gaps or weren't remembering topics they had already mastered. After much consideration, I decided to order A beka math books for Ladybug and Butterfly. I think they have been enjoying the worksheets for the most part but I am certainly seeing how many gaps are in their math education. Specificly we are finding that it is easy to count by 1s, 2s, 5s, and 10s when you start from the very beginning but when you are asked to count by 2s starting with 32, I was receiving crazy looks. I have been excited to get all the girls on this curriculum and I hope that it proves to move all the girls ahead in their math skills.

No comments: