Wednesday, September 17, 2008

H is for Homeschooling


We are back to a full schedule of homeschooling after several weeks of light work while on vacation. The best part about homeschooling has come into play this week which is flexibility. Between piano lessons, mandarin tutoring, ER visits and the dentist, I have had to be flexible with when to teach my kids to schedule in these other things.
This week I have started to work individual with Ladybug and Butterfly instead of working with them together. They vary slightly in their skills that makes it difficult to keep them on the same level. This new change is working really well. I have been able to accomplish alot more than I was accomplishing before. Plus I get to have quality one on one time with each of them. Princess Flower loves this arrangement too because she gets to have some time in the morning off from schoolwork.

Despite our crazy schedule (I have come to terms that it will never be non crazy), we have been able to accomplish quite a bit this week and I believe this is do to flexiblity.

No comments: