Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Upward Basketball

 This year PF decided she wanted to try out basketball. I really enjoyed playing basketball in middle school and I am excited that she will get to do the same. I love the Upward program because it centers around Christ rather than competition. This will be a great opportunity for PF to gain the skills of basketball and learn about team work without the other pressures associated with sports.
 I love that every practice and game includes a devotional and the kids are encouraged to memorize scripture.
 I believe that she had a great first practice. They went over passing, shooting and keeping the possession of the ball while the defense tried to take it.
PF made one basket out of five attempts and I loved watching her face light up when the ball made it in. I am looking forward to enjoying a winter full of basketball!

No comments: